As a church we are passionate about Gospel Multiplication. We multiply the Gospel through individuals, community groups, and gatherings both locally and throughout the world. We have a couple headed out to South Africa to serve an orphanage. Below you will find a Prayer and Scripture Guide for this trip. This guide will let you walk alongside the team spiritually. We look forward to sharing more when they get back.
Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. I didn’t take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I’ve become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn’t just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it! 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 The Message (MSG)
“To belong to Jesus is to embrace the nations with Him.” — John Piper
- December 25: As we celebrate Christ’s birthday today, pray for the children and volunteers at Sinethemba Children’s Center.
- December 26: Pray for us as we begin the journey from NOLA to Port Elizabeth; pray for transportation, health, and protection. Pray for God to give us a spirit of discernment as we go and serve.
- December 27: Pray for God to prepare the hearts of those he places in our path over the next few weeks in SA.
- December 28: Pray for God’s presence to abound at the orphanage as we arrive there today. Pray for a time of celebration as Tracie reunites with the children and Brian is introduced to the Sinethemba Family.
- “If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” — C.T. Studd
- “God isn’t looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him.”— Hudson Taylor
- December 29: Pray for opportunities to share the Gospel as we meet some of the physical needs of the children, MaMa Signoria, and Mr. Leo at Sinethemba.
- December 30: Pray for a spirit of cooperation as we talk with MaMa Signoria about the needs and desires of Sinethemba and the children that have been placed in her care.
- December 31: Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit as we are in South Africa.
- “Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God. ” — William Carey
- January 1: As the new year begins, pray for the relationships that we are establishing in South Africa so that we can better serve Him and them.
- January 2: Pray that God’s love will be evident to the community of Sinethemba and the staff at Lungile Lodge where we will be staying.
- “In our lifetime, wouldn’t it be sad if we spent more time washing dishes or swatting flies or mowing the yard or watching television than praying for world missions?” — Dave Davidson
- January 3: Pray that the physical needs of the children will be met. Pray for a vision that will help stop the cycle of desolate children in this area.
- January 4: Pray that we will be bold in sharing our faith with the staff at Lungile Lodge and encouraging those who are already believers.
- Colossians 3:17 – Do all in the name of Jesus and whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
- January 5: As we start our last week in SA, pray that we will be focused on God and not our inabilities, but His sufficiency in all things.
- “God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.” — Hudson Taylor
- January 6: As we continue to seek our next steps, pray for wisdom and discernment.
- January 7: Pray for the children as they prepare to return to school for a new school year!
- “Christ wants not nibblers of the possible, but grabbers of the impossible.” — C.T. Studd
- January 8: Pray that God will be our strength and comforter as we leave the Center for the last time!
- January 9: Pray for the health, safety, and timely travels for Brian and Tracie as they start their travels back to NOLA.
- “Go, send, or disobey.” — John Piper
- January 10: Pray for the seeds planted of God’s eternal hope shared with the children and others that God has placed in our path during our stay in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Follow Tracie’s Blog: “A Girl with a Longing Heart.”