God gives His people big dreams for His glory!
Join us this summer as we share 8 Old Testament stories of BIG FAITH. Each dreamer will inspire, challenge, and encourage you to pursue big dreams for your family, church, and life.
Get ready to dream with us!!!
June 4, 2017 | Dreamer: Moses
Get ready to watch God exceed your limitations! In week 1 of Dreamers, Pastor Rob Wilton inspires us from the big dreams of Moses.
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:8 and share with your group how God has made all grace abound in your life.
- Review the main points of the sermon from Exodus and Numbers and share what encourages you the most about how God uses Moses to dream big.
- Break up into groups of 3 and share one dream that God planted upon your life (no matter how big or small). Take some time to pray for each other and ask for God to give you faith to take the next step.
June 11, 2017 | Dreamer: Habakkuk
Trust God's vision for your life! In week 2 of Dreamers, Pastor Rob Wilton inspires us from the big dreams of Habakkuk.
- Open up your group time by reading Romans 5:1–5 and thanking God and rejoicing in the hope of the guaranteed glory of God.
- Review the main points of the sermon from Habakkuk and share what encourages you the most about how God uses Habakkuk to dream big.
- Pastor Rob shared with us about his family manifesto. Discuss about the important of declaring God’s vision and consider writing a manifesto for you and your family.
June 18, 2017 | Dreamer: Abraham
Surrender it all to embrace God’s vision for your life! In weekof Dreamers, John McCann inspires us from the big dreams of Abraham.
- Have you surrendered your comfort zone to embrace God's vision?
- Have you surrendered your past to embrace God's vision?
- Have you surrendered control to embrace God's vision?
June 25, 2017 | Dreamer: David
Thank God, the Giver of dreams! In week 4 of Dreamers, Pastor Dustin Turner inspires us from the big dreams of David.
- Think back on Pastor Dustin’s sermon. He shared seven ways David thanked God from Psalm 100. Which of these seven ways do you most often practice in your life? Which one do you need to begin incorporating into your life?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:18. Why should we give thanks in all circumstances? How can we cultivate a thankful heart toward God regardless of life’s circumstances?
- Think about your life? What dreams has God brought to fruition that you need to thank him for? What dreams do you need to trust the Lord with? Spend time thanking God for past dreams and entrusting him with future dreams.
July 2, 2017 | Dreamer: Joseph
Do you ever feel like your life is so chaotic that you can't dream big for God? In week 5 of Dreamers, Micah Frink shares the reason we can dare to dream big even in some of the most difficult seasons of our life!
- What in the life of Joseph could you relate most with?
- Has there ever been a season of your life that was so difficult that you didn't really want to dream big for God?
- Why do you think it's so difficult for us to dream big in the midst of hard season in our life?
July 9, 2017 | Dreamer: Nehemiah
If New Orleans truly flourished what would it look like and what would this mean to others outside the city? In week 6 of Dreamers, Pastor Brick examines lessons from Nehemiah's life which shed light on several spiritual realities that we still face in our daily lives.
- What are some common ways people view their work? Think both good and bad
- What does a flourishing New Orleans look like & what would it mean to others outside the city?
- Which lesson from Nehemiah's life or spiritual reality do you most identify with and how can we as a group encourage you in this area?
- Where has God placed you to work on the flourishing of New Orleans and for all New Orleanians?
!July 16, 2017 | Dreamer: Esther
Embrace the journey! In week 7 of Dreamers, Matthew Weaver inspires us to embrace the journey before us to dream big for God!
- Think back on Matthew Weaver’s sermon. He spoke about the journey that everyone must embrace to chase after the big dreams God has given them. What’s your biggest challenge with facing your problems as opportunities to grow and for God to work?
- Read Esther 4:12-17. Does the risk and steps that Esther took in that process inspire and challenge you to do the same with your current situation?
- Is reflecting back on the big dreams you have seen come true in your life a consistent rhythm that you have placed in your life? If not, begin to think about how you can bring that into your daily life. Spend some time praising God and also asking him to help you with this journey.
July 23, 2017 | Dreamer: Isaiah
Anticipate God's dream for your life! In week 8 of Dreamers, Pastor Rob Wilton inspires us from the big dreams of Isaiah.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:54–58 as a group and then open up your group time by praising Jesus that his victory has made us steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
- Spend a few moments sharing with each other about some big dreams that Jesus has given you during this series. What are you most excited about (anticipating) about these dreams?
- Close out your time by putting a practical plan in place that will help you anticipate God's Dream in your life. Use Pastor Rob's main points as a guide: Look to Jesus (example: create a vision manifesto that includes scripture) , Trust in Jesus (example: form a life group that will pray with you weekly), Enjoy Jesus (example: throw Jesus a party with friends after your dream is accomplished).
Check out these brief sermon snapshots from our Dreamers series. Like what you see? Make sure to check out the full sermon videos above.
Dreams of Grace
God's grace in our lives wants to birth big dreams for God's glory. Watch this short message as Pastor Rob Wilton reminds us that God's grace will restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish us.
Trust God's Vision
We can trust God's vision because He is in control. Watch this short video as Pastor Rob Wilton reminds us that the answer for the future is not what or how, it is Who!
Will YOU surrender it ALL, to embrace God's call for your life? Watch this short video as John Calvin McCann Jr. inspires us to surrender.
Saying Thank You to Him
Saying thank you to God not only reminds us of all that he has done in our past, but it increases our faith to believe that he will do it again. Watch this short video as Pastor Dustin Turner reminds us to always be thankful because God has done it and he'll do it again!
Sometimes in the midst of the chaos of our lives, it can seem like God has forgotten us. Watch this short video as Micah Frink reminds us that God will never leave us and that even though this life is hard, our God is still good.
Our Motivation in the Present
There will be a day when we understand the purpose of working faithfully every day of the week. In this short video Pastor Brick encourages us that our hope isn't solely from making the current completely perfect but that one day Jesus is coming back and His Kingdom will be completely established.
Embrace the Journey
Embracing the journey before us to dream big for God takes a lot of work on our end, but the work is worth it! In this short video, Matthew Weaver inspires us to never give up and to keep it all in perspective.
The Dream is Worth It!
If God has placed a big dream in your life, it is worth it. The wait is worth it. The struggle is worth it. The journey is worth it. Watch this short video as Pastor Rob Wilton encourages us to anticipate God's dream.